A teenager lost a contact lens while playing basketball in his driveway. After a brief, fruitless search, he gave up. His mother took up the cause and within minutes found the lens. “How did you do that?” he asked. “We weren’t looking for the same thing,” she explained. “You were looking for a small piece of plastic. I was looking for $150.” (Excerpt taken from the Reader’s Digest)
Experience sure gives you a different perspective about money, doesn’t it? When you’re the parent of a small child, saving for a family vacation to Disney World may take years. Or when you’re facing the fixed income of retirement, you may feel growing concern that you haven’t saved enough. But just as you can now look back and see God’s hand of provision throughout your life, you can trust He is in control of your future too. As the Psalmist said, “I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread.”
Many people have found peace of mind while living on a fixed income through Charitable Gift Annuities. CGAs are a great way to support a cause or organization you care about and receive the benefit of a financial payout in return for as long as you live. In other words, CGAs allow retirement savers to blend their passions with pension-like financial security — basically having your cake and eating it too!
CGAs are one of the most popular giving tools because they help donors:
- Receive a reliable, fixed income until death
- Gain tax advantages (with a possible income tax deduction at the time of the donation, and another at income tax time)
- Bless an organization during and after their lifetime, with a higher payout rate when compared with CDs, treasury bonds, or money market accounts
- Experience peace of mind through a tool that’s easy to use and simple to execute
- Feel confident they’re supporting good work and impacting lives
Don’t live with anxiety over outliving your retirement; start by structuring a plan that’s right for your future.